Perkins 1100 Series Overview
The Perkins 1100 range encompasses a wide variety of engines from the 3 cylinder 1103 range to the 6 cylinder 1106 range and the 4 cylinder 1104 range in between. The range provides performance levels that are not met elsewhere and the engines also come with world class reliability and low cost of ownership.
The 1100 series have been built upon intensive customer research to make sure that the series meet all the customers demands. The engines can be used for a range of applications over a wide spectrum of power needs.
Perkins 1100 Series Manufacturing Locations
The Perkins 1100 series is manufactured in Peterborough, UK, Wuxi, China and the 1103/4 range in Hosur, India. You can find the manufacturing location of your Perkins engine here.
Perkins 1100 Series Range
The engines in this range include:
1103, 3 Cylinder Models
1104, 4 Cylinder Models
1106, 6 Cylinder Models
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Perkins 1100 Series
All engines, from every manufacturer, have key advantages and disadvantages. Some of the key points when considering this engine range are:
Advantages of Perkins 1100 Series
- Excellent Support Network for warranty and service cover.
- Modern, efficient engine produced in volume for generator applications.
- High residual value compared with other engine brands in power generation.
Disadvantages of Perkins 1100 Series
- Initial Cost may be high compared to other engines in this segment.
- For Standby applications, other engines have longer standard warranty periods.
- No piston liners in this range, means for overhaul a re-bore might be required.