Perkins 1500 Series Overview
The Perkins 1500 series balances excellent power to weight ratio, low ownership costs and a very reliable performance. The engines are capable to perform at top levels in a variety of climates and harsh weather conditions making them well suited to be used in a diesel generator set located in harsh weather conditions.
The 1500 series all contain 6 cylinder, 8.8 L engines that can all easily be changed from 50 Hz to 60 Hz. The engines cover the 200-330 kVA range in prime and standby ratings.
Perkins 1500 Series Manufacturing Locations
The Perkins 1506 series is manufactured in Seguin, USA. You can find the manufacturing location of your Perkins engine here.
Perkins 1500 Series Range
The engines have been designed with the customers demands in mind, meaning that the 1500 series is a ideal for most applications.
Engines in this range include:
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Perkins 1500 Series
All engines have key advantages and disadvantages. Some of the key points when considering this engine range are:
Advantages of Perkins 1500 Series
- Support network worldwide for warranty and service cover
- Efficient, modern engine with full authority engine control.
- High residual value compared with other engine brands in power generation.
Disadvantages of Perkins 1500 Series
- Initial Cost may be high compared to other engines in this segment
- For Standby applications, other engines have longer standard warranty periods
- Some of the less used parts are expensive compared to other offerings