Perkins 2200 Series Overview
The Perkins 2200 series are a range of engines which aim to deliver excellent power density, low costs of ownership and installation and a dependable and robust power source. The range aims to meet the forever growing demands in today's power generation industry.
The 2200 series encompasses a selection of straight 6, 13 L engines which are turbocharged and after cooled. They have a power range of 385-520 hp (287-388 kW). The engines have a direct injection fuel system which is all controlled though a fully electronic control system. The overall performance and reliability of these engines make them a top choice to use in the power generation industry.
Perkins 2200 Series Manufacturing Locations
The Perkins 2200 series is manufactured in Seguin, USA. You can find the manufacturing location of your Perkins engine here.
Perkins 2200 Series Range
The engines have been designed with the customers demands in mind, meaning that the 2200 series is a ideal for most applications.
Engines in this range include:
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Perkins 2200 Series
All engines, from every manufacturer, have key advantages and disadvantages. Some of the key points when considering this engine range are:
Advantages of Perkins 2200 Series
- Excellent Support Network for warranty and service cover
- Modern, efficient engine utilizing full authority engine control.
- High residual value compared with other engine brands in power generation.
Disadvantages of Perkins 2200 Series
- Initial Cost may be high compared to other engines in this segment
- For Standby applications, other engines have longer standard warranty periods