Perkins 2800 Series Overview
The Perkins 2800 Series are a well proven collection of 18 litre straight 6 diesel engines. The engines provide an economic and durable operation but also excellent performance and reliability. The engines are ideal for power generation with a range of 575-800 hp (429-597kW).
Perkins 2800 Series Manufacturing Locations
The Perkins 2800 series is manufactured in Seguin, USA. You can check the manufacturing location of your Perkins engine here.
Perkins 2800 Series Range
The engines have been designed with the customers demands in mind, meaning that the 2800 series should fit your needs.
Engines in this range include:
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Perkins 2800 Series
As with all engines, each individual engine range and model has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the key points when considering this engine range.
Advantages of Perkins 2800 Series
- Excellent Support Network for warranty and service cover
- Modern, efficient engine utilizing full authority engine control.
- High residual value compared with other engine brands in power generation.
Disadvantages of Perkins 2800 Series
- Initial Cost may be high compared to other engines in this segment
- The twin turbo TTAG models at the top of the range have lower load acceptance
- For Standby applications, other engines have longer standard warranty periods